Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Look Out Adirondacks

Sixteen friends, all united by their love of Wisconsin, snow, and good food and drink, will be descending upon the barn in T-minus 24 hrs. This is our 15th annual I believe. I am so glad it is back at the barn and can't wait to see my oldest and dearest ones. As the years have progressed, there is a gentle migration from "all downhill, all the time" to cross country, napping, reading and that's ok by me. In a few more years, I am sure there will be snow-shoeing and communal BenGay ( that sounds far naughtier than intended). We don't stay up nearly as late as we used to, but we still do some damage. Or else why would I have kept the dining room trapeze installed?! Past years have included mango rum snow cones, a communal ladle, an overflowing dishwasher scene worthy of the Brady Bunch, a medical snowcat trip down the mountain, outings to a bar/taxidermy store, and a run-in with homeland security. Like I said, look out ADK.

3 comments:

  1. I just did a couple of BENGAY + searches, apparently it is not recommended to "get naughty" with the stuff. Really, really not recommended.

    Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to add my favorite cross-country places:

    Paul Smiths - VIC
    Avalanche Pass via Marcy Dam from S Meadows
    Raquette Falls from Corey's Rd
    Camp Santanoni from Newcomb

    Those are all Adirondack "Classics".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun WI compatriots! Wish we could be there.

    ReplyDelete