Thursday, October 1, 2009

Arrghg

I was trying to get to the barn this weekend but it's not going to happen. First, I need a lower cost solution for weekend transportation. Car rentals in NYC are about $300-500 and it quickly becomes prohibitive. Then, I need more hours in each day - don't we all. Next weekend is OscarFest 3.0. We are planning a short hike with Oscar's city slicker friends and then some general frivolity. I can't wait. I'm looking for about 3-4 miles round trip with a good view, but not Mt. Baker. Anyone? Anyone?

Now, for the real news. It's snowing?! That makes me incredibly happy. Ski!

1 comment:

  1. I did Catamount last weekend, a fun 1/2 day hike/climb. It's just shy of 4 miles RT.

    Ampersand is not bad either.

    You're renting cars to come up?! Dang, that sound painful. 3-500/weekend is like a car payment for the whole month.

    Tweet me if you want to chat about the hikes @tourpro

    ReplyDelete