Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hey Canoe People!

Here's what I need: A way to transport 2-3 canoes and/or a kayak. Here's the problem: I don't own a car so it would have to easily attach to any rental car I happen to have. Does such a thing exist?

It's very frustrating. We have friends coming to the barn this weekend and again, we have enough boats for everyone but no way to transport them all. So we end up renting from St. Regis (On Floodwood Pond). They are a great outfit but I don't need the extra expense. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. 4 boats is the limit for most regular car systems.

    You would need a roof-rack with long cross-bars or a trailer. Neither option sounds feasible for rental car.

    It's not impossible to car-top 2 boats with those foam-pad thingies. I wouldn't do it for long-distance driving. So, if you have 2 cars, decent-sized, then it would be possible. Canoe would likely take the top of one car.

    ReplyDelete