Monday, September 14, 2009

And So It Begins

Day 4 of school: Lost items, no friends, aerospace engineering class (?!), tears over homework not understood, sick teen, dinner dishes not yet done, grief about still having an afterschool babysitter ... errr...dudesitter. Good god, ya'll. Hoping this is first week transition or I may need to introduce family yoga, or family codeine. Clarke is at Brooklyn Tech, with 5,000 other kids. The place intimidates me, never mind a quiet 14 year old. Oh and yes, this is my Clarke, the musical free spirit attending a competitive math and science high school. Ahhh, the logic of the New York City Public School system. How many more days till Christmas break?

Speaking of holiday, in the past, I have rented my friend Spyder's cabin for spillover barn guests. because it's right down the street, (a beautiful walk on the dirt road toward Mckenzie Pond) and assumed I would again for my family coming up, but alas, Spyder decided not to winterize this year. Luckily, he sent me to Wendy and Tom Dupree who also have a place down the street. We are booked and ready for my siblings all!

No comments:

Post a Comment