Monday, December 21, 2009

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow

I keep saying "once I get through this insane, hectic day, tomorrow will ease up and I can start to enjoy the holidays." Midnight on Dec. 22 and I've decided I am going to scale back on some to-dos or I will end up on Jan. 3rd, exhausted and regretful. So who cares if i scrimp on some cooking and maybe the presents won't be wrapped with matching ribbons. I may not get to the co-op for fancy cheese, and I may just bring my dirty laundry to the barn with me. I do have some work to do for my new job but I can handle in the days after Christmas. I have 10 rare straight days with my wonderful boys and a few days with dear friends at my favorite place in the world.

And that, my friends, is the beauty of turning 40. A little perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment